The Department of Investment and Construction is a functional department of Ho Chi Minh City Open University established under Decision No. 678/QĐ-ĐHM dated July, 28 2010 of the Rector of Ho Chi Minh Open University. The department was formerly knowns as Construction & Equipment Administration and previously by Project Management Unit. Since its etablishment up to now, the Department of Construction and Investment has made many contributions to the development of the University's facilities.
The Department of Investment and Construction has the function of advising the Rector on the managment of the University's construction investment projects
1. Research to formulate the planning and development investment and proposing for approval the annual construction investment plan.
2. Plan and organize the implementation of the project according to the approved plan under Vietnamese regulations.
3. Propose quality assurance solutions to ensure and improve the quality of the work or to ensure the construction progress.
4. Manage volume, construction progress quality, costs, labor safety and environmental sanitation on construction site.
5. Plan for Capital budget for construction investment. Perform annual financial disclosure.
6. Search for fund as well as performing necessary procedures related to capital raising and borrowing.
7. Implement of annual reports on the use of construction investment capital, except the verification of settlement reports.
8. Assist the Rector in checking, accepting, paying, and settling the signed contract. Organize the settlement of the completed work construction investment capital in accordance with the provisions of law.
9. Conduct construction quality assessment, decide on cost estimates, payment settlement, pre-acceptance test and handover of completed works to assigned units to put them into operation and use.
10. Regularly update and review the State's regulations, mechanisms, and policies in the field of construction investment to promptly advise the Principal on the effective and proper management of work items. legal regulations.
11. Preside over drafting and propose for promulgation the university's regulations, and forms on construction investment activities.