The Department of Investment – Construction is a member of Ho Chi Minh City Open university which was founded according to Decision No. 678/QĐ-ĐHM dated 28 July 2010 of the Rector of HCM OU. Its former names are The Office of Facilities Management & Construction The Project Management Unit. Over the past many years from the founding day Department of Investment – Construction has greatly contributed in the campus facilities development.
To work as a consultancy staff for the Rector about construction projects.
1. Researching for planning, investing and developing the campus and proposinge for annual construction investment plan.
2. Planning and organizing for project implementation according to the approved plan under Vietnamese regulations
3. Proposing solutions to guarantee and improve project’s quality and construction progress.
4. Managing the quantity, construction progress, cost, labor safety and environment sanitation on construction site.
5. Planning for captial budget of construction projects performing annual financial disclosure.
6. Searching for fund as well as performing necessary procedures related to capital raising and borrwing.
7. Implementing annual reports of the capital usage except the examination of final reports.
8. Assisting the rector for acceptance, payment and settlement of signed contracts. Implementing investment capital final settlement reports in accordance with Vietnamese regulations.
9. Organizing examining the construction quality for acceptance and handing over in services.
10. Regularly updating and checking the regulations of the state policy in the field of construction investment to promptly consult the rector to manage work items effectively in accordance with Vietnamese regulations.
11. Composing and proposing regulations and forms related to investment and construction activities to the Rector for issuing.