On May 16, 2022, with a view to strengthen the cooperative relationship and offer career orientation for students, the Certified Practicing Accountant Australia (CPA AUSTRALIA) and the Ho Chi Minh City Open University co-organized the MoU signing ceremony. The signing ceremony is within the framework of the sustainable education development strategy, with the role of promoting linkages between the HCMCOU and organizations, businesses, contributing to the University’s training goals.
Attending the program were the presence of guests representing the Board of Directors of the CPA Australia’s Representative Office in Ho Chi Minh City - Certified Practicing Accountant of Australia:
– Mr. Nam Nguyen, Senior Member of CPA Australia, Chairman of the Strategic Advisory Board of CPA Australia in Southern Region
– Dr. Tran Khanh Lam, Senior Member of CPA Australia, Vice President - General Secretary of the Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA)
– Mr. Kyle Pham, CPA Australia Member, CFO of Asian Coast Development Co., Ltd. / The Grand Ho Tram Strip / Member of Strategic Advisory Board of CPA Australia Vietnam in Southern Region
– Mr. Ashish Verma, Senior Member of CPA Australia, Head of Finance, Information Technology and Commodities, Kirby Building Systems – A group company of Alghanim Industries.
– Ms. Huynh Ngoc Thien, Chief Representative of CPA Australia office in Ho Chi Minh City – Southern Region
– Ms. Nguyen Thi My Chi, Market Development Manager
– Mr. Nguyen Phuong Quan, Market Development Manager.
From Ho Chi Minh City Open University, there were:
– Prof. Dr. Nguyen Minh Ha, President of Ho Chi Minh City Open University
– Dr. Ho Huu Thuy, Dean of Accounting - Auditing Faculty.
– MSc. Tran Tuyet Thanh, Vice Dean of Accounting - Auditing Faculty
– Dr. Le Thai Thuong Quan, Head of Cooperation and Research Management Department
Along with lecturers and students of the Accounting - Auditing Faculty
Speaking at the ceremony, Prof. Dr. Nguyen Minh Ha - President of the University expressed his gratitude for having the opportunity to cooperate with CPA Australia and implement long-term plans on the basis of promoting professional training programs as well as provide the necessary practical experiences for students while still at school.
Additionally, the knowledge sharing session of the program also facilitated students’ understanding about the importance of International certificates and the benefits of becoming a CPA Australia member as well as equipping students with knowledge to enhance their employment opportunities. Specifically, topics about Fintech and Accounting in the digital era as well as the essential workplace skills attracted a large number of attendees.